14 Jul Create Yourself with these Helpful Personal Branding Tips
You may have heard of the term “branding,” and if so, you may think that this term only applies to companies. However, that could not be any further from the truth. Nowadays, almost everyone has a personal brand, and it doesn’t matter if you consciously know it or not. Even if you haven’t gone out and cultivated your personal brand, it still exists. Your reputation, how people see you and what you show to the world is all part of your personal brand. All the things that make you, you, all tie in together creating your personal brand, your “mark.” In a nutshell, your personal brand is about who you are as a person and what you have to offer this world.
Everyone has a personal brand, but it’s up to you to guide and cultivate it. If you want to build a successful career, you need to be aware and in control of your personal brand. To help you along, check out these helpful personal branding tips.
- Share your voice with the world by having an online presence. Don’t have your own website yet? Make one, or have one created for you. Also, have a presence on social media accounts to help represent your brand. Just be mindful of what you post and share with the world. Also, be sure to keep a healthy balance between personal and business updates.
- Know thyself. Knowing your priorities and values, your strengths and your weaknesses will help you out tremendously in creating your own personal brand. You do need to know what you are working with after all! Just be sure not to focus on your weaknesses solely, we all have them. Instead, focus on your strengths and what makes you unique. Feeling stuck? Ask someone you trust to give you some honest feedback.
- It’s not just good enough to know yourself, but you also have to be yourself too. You are a unique individual, and you have something to offer the world, so use your own personal style to attract what you want. Who you are as a person; your knowledge, actions, words, and work; will speak volumes to others about not only yourself but your personal brand as well.
- Always be a student of life. Take the time to perfect your strengths and strengthen your weaknesses. The term, “knowledge is power” is true, so learn everything you can to know and become an expert in it. Learning never stops, so take advantage of it. Also, make sure you share your know-how with others. Sharing knowledge with others will show others first-hand that you know your stuff and this can help boost your reputation and build your network.
- Build a strong network and associate with other brands. Networking will assist in strengthening your personal brand, as it will help grow your connections and increase your opportunities. Just ensure that you are focusing on a 2-way street when you are networking with others, this way both parties can benefit. By networking the correct way, you will find that growing your contact database becomes easier and easier.